Featured Post

Now Available: The Brutal Blade of Bruno the Bandit Vol. 8!

 Long overdue, but worth the wait, The Brutal Blade of Bruno the Bandit Vol. 8 is now available!  Gaze in wonder at the cover by Clint "...

Monday, April 3, 2017

Brutal Best of Bruno the Bandit: Day 12

...and I mean it this time. 
I just realized that I had skipped Day 11 and mislabeled the last entry as Day 12.  All fixed now.  As you were.

Today's strip is brought to you solely on the strength of the first panel, which has to be easily one of the most unusual and possibly disturbing drawings ever done for Bruno the Bandit.  Truly a classic! 
Also of interest, both Ian and I have had a sort of long-standing, slow burning feud over which classic Conan artist was better, Gil Kane or Ernie Chan (cover artist for our first issue, can you dig it?!).  While I appreciated that no one drew battle scenes like Chan, I didn't care much for his heavy-handed inking style and always preferred Kane's sense of form and composition.  Ian always sided for Chan over Kane's sparse linework and up-the-nose shots.  I can't help but wonder if this strip was, in Ian's own weird way, a "tribute" to Kane.  If so, well done!



No comments: