Featured Post

Now Available: The Brutal Blade of Bruno the Bandit Vol. 8!

 Long overdue, but worth the wait, The Brutal Blade of Bruno the Bandit Vol. 8 is now available!  Gaze in wonder at the cover by Clint "...

Monday, August 22, 2011

New Title: The Journals of Simon Pariah

Any astute readers remember this?

That's the logo from my old webcomic over at Keenspace, now Comic Genesis.  Although it's been years since I updated it, the site is still online (you can tell how long it's been from the fact that there's a Will Eisner tribute heading up the front page).
Ever since I stopped doing the comic, I've been looking for a way to get back to it, and to be truthful, it's been one of the driving forces behind starting up AIM Comics. 
At the moment, I'm reworking the first issue of "TJOSP", titled "The God in the Cave", for publication under the AIM Comics banner.  The work is coming along so well that I'm able to predict with a fair amount of confidence that the first issue will be available in time for Halcon in November. 
Anyone who's read the story on the website will not be put through a rehash of the same material...I'm doing all new artwork for the current version, and using a style inspired by a reading of Yoshihiro Tatsumi's autobio, "A Drifting Life".  So even if you've read this before, there will be something new to look forward to.
For the first few issues, I will be redoing the stories on the website in this way.  The order of publication is important to the overall story, so I'd like to preserve that as far as I can.  Once I finish those, I will be moving on to all new work, including finishing up the "Angeline" story that I had begun before I put the strip on hiatus.

"The Journals of Simon Pariah" will be available in both print and digital, just as is "The Brutal Blade of Bruno the Bandit".  The book will be black and white with color covers and, like Bruno, will be released on a "soon as I can get it done" schedule.  Keep watching here for more news as it happens.


No comments: